Community Briefs: Colusa County Sheriff plans meetings
Colusa County Sheriff Scott Marshall has announced he will be holding a number of community meetings across the county. The meetings are an effort to better understand and address the problems that affect the everyday lives of the residents of Colusa County. Sheriff's Office personnel and other government agencies will be in attendance to help answer any questions and topics of importance community members may present. Call Sgt. Joe Garofalo at 458-0226 with any questions or comments.
Locations and times of the meetings:
• Maxwell: March 6, 6:30 p.m. at the Sheriff's Office Substation in Maxwell
• Stonyford: March 13, 6:30 p.m. at the Stonyford Grange Hall
• Princeton: March 20, 6:30 p.m. at the Princeton High School Cafeteria
• Arbuckle: March 27, 6:30 p.m. at the Arbuckle Fire Department
• Grimes: April 3, 6:30 p.m. at the Grimes Scout Cabin
• Williams: April 17, 6:30 p.m., at the Williams Community Center
• Colusa: April 24, 6:30 p.m. at the Sacramento River Fire Department-Colusa Station.
Alumni Basketball Games set
Williams High School will be hosting its third annual Alumni Basketball Games on Feb. 28 and March 1 in an effort to raise funds for a new scoreboard. The entree fee for players interested in taking part is $7. The cost for spectators is $3. A snack bar will be available for during the games.
• Feb. 28: 4 p.m., Staff members and/or their spouses; 5 p.m., Women: All '80s and '90s, Odds vs. Evens; 6 p.m., Women: 2000-2013 vs. 2014 varsity girl's team; 7 p.m., Men: 1974 and earlier to 1983.
• Saturday, March 1: 4 p.m., 1984 to 1993; 5 p.m., 1994 to 2003; 6 p.m., 2004 to 2012; 7 p.m., 2013 vs. 2014 varsity boys team.
Call Ben Padilla at 933-8866 or Armando Bautista at 514-4111 for more information.
Bowling fundraiser set
The inaugural Friends of the Colusa County bowling fundraiser will be held at 10 a.m. March 1 at Riverside Lanes in Colusa.
All participants must fill out an entry form and return it to Kyle Miller, PO Box 867, Maxwell by Feb. 15. Three games for $25 per person; $5 for additional games. Cash and raffle donations are also being accepted.
All proceeds go to the Friends of Colusa County Animal Shelter.
For more information, call Ashley Throughton at 304-9268, Kyle Miller at 415-6690 or Nona at 438-2923.
This will be a one-day event. If it is successful, the shelter would like it to become an annual fundraiser.