- Community Briefs: Marysville artist's work to be shown in Colusa
- The work of Marysville artist Max Komissarchick will be displayed by the Colusa County Art Council, across Market Street from Davison Drugs & Stationary, throughout March. There will be reception for the artist on March 24, but his work is curren... Full story
- Community Briefs: Colusa County Friends of the Library meeting
- The Colusa County Friends of the Library will hold its annual meeting on Thursday, March 6, at 6:30 p.m. in the conference room of the Colusa County Library at 738 Market St. in Colusa.
The meeting will feature an appearance by award-winning science... Full story
- Community Briefs: Landowners meeting at Maxwell Inn
- The Sacramento Valley Landowners Association will be holding its annual dinner meeting on Thursday, Feb. 27, at 5:30 p.m. at the Maxwell Inn, 81 Oak St., Maxwell. Dan Walters, a political columnist for the Sacramento Bee, will be the guest speaker on... Full story
- Community Briefs: Adoption workshop on Feb. 20
- A specialist from California Adoption Services will give a presentation on adoption procedures at a workshop frim 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Feb. 20 in the Morse Conference Room at Colusa County Library.
The specialist will explain how potential families a... Full story
- Community Briefs: Relay For Life coming in Colusa
- A Relay For Life is being planned for Colusa County. The event is an opportunity to provide information and resources for cancer prevention and early detection, honor cancer survivors in the community, remember loved ones who have passed, and to rais... Full story
- Community Brief: Colusa County Fair updates
- The Colusa County Fair Board recently elected its new board of directors.
The new board members and officials are Tony Garofalo, president; Dan O'Connol, vice president; and Sue Gibbs, Laurie Costa, Terry Bresler, Bob Vierra, Joy Shiflett, Walt Seav... Full story
- Community Brief: Highway 20 Band to play
- Local group Highway 20 Band will be playing a show at Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar and Grill," 440 Palladio Parkway in Folsom. The show will be Friday from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
"It's a really big deal for us. It's one of the biggest venues we've ever play... Full story
- Community Briefs: Colusa County Sheriff plans meetings
- Colusa County Sheriff Scott Marshall has announced he will be holding a number of community meetings across the county. The meetings are an effort to better understand and address the problems that affect the everyday lives of the residents of Colusa... Full story
- Community Briefs: Bowling fundraiser set for March 1
- The inaugural Friends of the Colusa County bowling fundraiser will be held at 10 a.m. March 1 at Riverside Lanes in Colusa. All participants must fill out an entry form and return it to Kyle Miller, PO Box 867, Maxwell CA, by Feb. 15.
Three games co... Full story
- Community Briefs: Colusa County Scholarships offered for lactation counselor training
- First 5 Colusa Children & Families Commission and Colusa County Public Health Department will be offering three partial scholarships for traning to be a certified lactation counselo, to be held in Colusa on Feb. 3-7, 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The appl... Full story