- Community Briefs: Williams Community Center seeks acts for 2014 Spectacular
- The Williams Community Center is looking for talented local acts for its bi-annual Entertainment Spectacular at 6 p.m. Jan. 11. Sound check and rehearsal will be at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 10.
Both will be held at the Williams Community Center, 860 C St. in ... Full story
- Community Brief: Toy drive underway for Colusa children
- Colusa County Sun-Herald
- The Chips for Kids toy drive is underway, hosted by the Williams California Highway Patrol and Impact Life Thrift store.
Donation of a new, unwrapped toy are being accepted through Dec. 19. Toys collected will benefit Colusa County residents and wil... Full story
- Community Briefs: Colusa Christmas decorations contest underway
- The Colusa Lions and Sun-Herald are sponsoring a Christmas decorations contest for homes with a Colusa ZIP code. Entry forms can be picked up at Messick's, Tommy's and Superior Tire.
Entries must be submitted by Saturday. Judging will take place on ... Full story
- Community Briefs: Arbuckle fifth-grader wins Agribee regional final
- Jakob Navarrete, a fifth-grade student from Arbuckle Elementary in Arbuckle, won the regional final Agribee against 18 other students on Friday at the Patrick Ranch in Durham.
The Butte County Farm Bureau hosted the event.
Contestants competed in s... Full story
- Community Briefs: Colusa County Ag department's grower meeting set for Dec. 4
- The Colusa County Department of Agriculture will have its annual grower meeting 8 a.m.-noon Dec. 4. The meeting will be held at the Colusa County Fairgrounds Festival Hall. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, call 458-0580.
Stony... Full story
- Death Notice: November 13, 2013
- • Concepcion "CB" Bautista Johnson, 51, of Colusa, found Nov. 14, 2013. Funeral Mass will be held at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church today at 10 a.m. with burial to follow at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery.... Full story
- Community Briefs: Ex-youth football president accused
- A past president of Colusa County Youth Football is accused of embezzling nearly $14,000 from the organization between July 23-Dec. 18, 2012, according to Colusa County District Attorney John Poyner.
Poyner said he plans to file a complaint today ch... Full story
- Death Notice: November 6, 2013
- Susan Ann Buckley Ash, 72, of Dixon, wife of Lloyd Ash, pastor of Maxwell United Methodist Church, died Oct. 25, 2013. Memorial services will be held Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, at 11 a.m. at Maxwell United Methodist Church.... Full story
- Community Briefs: Christmas Tyme in Colusa will be Dec. 5
- Christmas Tyme in Colusa is 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Dec. 6 on Market Street In Colusa.
The deadline for the Tractor Decorating Competition, booth applications, and donations is fast approaching. The Chamber of Commerce will be sponsoring the "Decorate Your... Full story
- Family Water Alliance to host annual Hot Cajun Night fundraiser
- Colusa County Sun-Herald
- The Family Water Alliance will host its annual Hot Cajun Night fundraiser on Nov. 16 at the Maxwell Veterans Hall, 250 Oak St.
The annual event is a night of good spirits, food and fun, featuring a cocktail reception, dinner, raffle, door prizes and... Full story