- Opinion: Colusa County: The future of climate change mitigation?
- By Emily Durante and Sarah Turner
- Wind energy is a powerful renewable energy resource that has the potential to alleviate U.S. dependence on fossil fuels, to the benefit of local economies. However, as with any energy development projects there are social and environmental costs. Wit... Full story
- Opinion: It’s Winterfest time at Colusa High School
- Haley Lyss
- As the holidays are coming around, it is hard to not get excited about my favorite school activity: Winterfest. Being a holiday baby, I am very spirited when the holidays come around. I love the feeling of everyone being together and celebrating all ... Full story
- Opinion: Thumbs up, thumbs down: December 11, 2013
- Thumbs up and down
The night the lights went out in Colusa
Hello, Mr. Grinch.
How else to explain what happened on Friday, the long-awaited night of Christmas Tyme in Colusa, when the city — and most of the county — suddenly went dark?... Full story
- Opinion: Thumbs up, thumbs down: December 4, 2013
- Thumbs up
Rotary Club honors law enforcement officers
The Rotary Club of Colusa recently honored law enforcement officers based in Colusa and the surrounding area, as reported in the Nov. 27 edition of the Sun-Herald.
The honorees: Deputy Sheriff ... Full story
- From the superintendent: Give the gift of learning this holiday season
- Dwayne K. Newman
- Remember the Christmas days when we ran to the tree and opened the most promising packages first? Brightly wrapped boxes which gave off the promising rattle of a desired toy always got immediate attention. One never opened the oddly shaped soft packa... Full story
- Letters: November 27, 2013
- Re: Road maintenance
We are supposed to have a 60-foot easement on our country roads. The paved area is approximately 20 feet, 10 foot wide for each passing car. That is the amount you have to use. So if your side of the road is 10-foot wide, you sh... Full story
- Guest View: Rules muddying up the Clean Water Act
- By Ashley Indieri Family Water Alliance
- The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking law," said well... Full story
- Opinion: Thumbs up, thumbs down: November 27, 2013
- Thumbs way up
The Thanksgiving holiday
Every once in a while, we lose sight of what's important in life. This Thanksgiving, we hope you join us in celebrating what really matters in our lives.
State needs to hold up its end of contrac... Full story
- Letters: November 20, 2013
- Re: Remembering C.B.
To C.B.: I just want to say I can't believe this has happened to you. Bless you and may you rest in peace.
I'm going to miss you C.B., from one of your many friends.
Re: Holiday spirit
Every holiday y... Full story
- From the superintendent: In the 21st century, technologies change the scene
- Dwayne K. Newman
- American public schools change slowly. They began as a way to form the educated citizenry necessary to sustain a democracy, evolved into a supplier of workers prepared for factory labor jobs and morphed into training for a service economy. Informatio... Full story