- Letter: Re: Water supply
- In response to the recent articles concerning North State water supplies, there has been no mention of "temporary groundwater substitution transfers." These so-called "temporary" water transfers have been in existence for over 20 years. Although the ... Full story
- Student columnist: Maxwell High Beat: Panther pride shines through on the court
- Fallon Freed
- Maxwell High's varsity basketball teams this year were competitive to say the least. The varsity girls, coached by Leo LaGrande, clinched a league record of 8-2, while the varsity boys, coached by Forrest Bateman, secured a league record of 9-1, earn... Full story
- Opinion: Thumbs up, thumbs down: March 5, 2014
- Thumbs up
Community comes through in drive to save theater
You didn't have to go.
Community movie theaters are an anachronism, a relic of a bygone era. Movies today are shown in edge-of-tomorrow multiplexes full of bells and whistles all designed ... Full story
- Correction: Thumbs down of Feb. 26
- A "Thumbs Down" opinion piece published in the Wednesday, Feb. 26, edition of the Colusa County Sun-Herald, mistakenly asserted that acting city manager (and fire chief) Randy Dunn had a vote on the City Council.
Randy Dunn is not a member of the Co... Full story
- From the superintendent: Interventions are key to improvement
- Dwayne K. Newman
- Just a few years ago, a revolution occurred in public education. It went off with very little noise or uproar outside schools, but inside schools the changes were profound. Teachers, administrators, and special education staff began to use a concept ... Full story
- Letter: Re: Drainage ditch
- Hi, friends: The county has a drainage ditch on the south side of Hillgate Road, starting at the Arbuckle Golf Course and running in an easterly direction toward Arbuckle.
They have cleaned it out by burning the weeds so that you can easily tell tha... Full story
- Opinion: Thumbs up, thumbs down: February 19, 2014
- Thumbs up
Kudos to council for deferring to public on medical pot growth
Sometimes, an action not taken is best.
The Colusa City Council heard three options for what to do about the outdoor cultivation of medical marijuana, but members failed to c... Full story
- Student Columnist: Colusa High Beat – Full of fun traditions
- Haley Lyss
- If you attend Colusa High School, it is more likely than not that your parents also attended it.
Listening to my mother's and father's stories about high school, I thought that when it finally came my time to attend it would be the same was it was w... Full story
- From the superintendent: Building toward great at Colusa
- Dwayne K. Newman
- Editor's Note: This is the second in a series of articles focusing on CUSD's improvement planning.
After quality instruction, quality assessment is the best way to insure high levels of student learning. As we plan for improvement, we must plan to i... Full story
- Opinion: Thumbs up, thumbs down: February 12, 2014
- Happy Valentine's Day!
Love is in the air this week. Just don't eat too many chocolates!
In county's decision to withdrawfrom special education, students are left behind
There's got to be a better way.
On Jan. 9, the Colusa County Of... Full story