- Letter: Carrying the flag for roadside space
- I have been noticing all these little yellow flags along our roads, and yesterday I saw a pickup near some men who were putting in those little yellow flags.
So, I stopped and asked what they were because I was afraid someone was planning a new ditc... Full story
- Letter: Thanks from Klar family
- We were born in Colusa in the 1950s. Over the past month, since our mother Marjorie Klar passed away and we have been settling her affairs, we have had the opportunity to deal with many individuals in the Colusa community.
We appreciate everyone's ... Full story
- Letter: Employee group backs Dunn
- On behalf of the Colusa City Employees Association, we would like to extend our thanks and support of the appointment of Randy Dunn to the interim city manager position.
Our association feels that since Randy has stepped in to fill the city manager ... Full story
- Letter: Snow Geese organizers say thanks
- We want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s festival: Our special guests and keynote speakers, Roger Lederer and Carol Burr; our trip leaders, workshop instructors, venue owners, CCC crews; our incredible spon... Full story
- Letter: Fox is 'right' place to be
- I can’t believe I could write this about any president of our United States: Our current president’s a liar; the big news networks help him lie every day.
If this makes you see red, good. Try listening to Fox News to understand what our ... Full story
- Government crosses line
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The developing scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department have this much in common: They reveal a rather stunning level of hubris within the Obama administration.
Twice in recent months, fe... Full story
- Ron Hart: From Benghazi to IRS, O-bots abound
- Near the 2012 election, and after bragging about killing bin Laden based on intelligence gained by water-boarding (a tactic he campaigned against), Barack Obama and his O-bots lied to us about Benghazi. O-bots are the many disciples in his administra... Full story
- Thomas D. Elias: Constitutional crisis over prisons?
- Rarely since the Civil War have state officials anywhere in America been as close to openly defying federal authority as Gov. Jerry Brown and the Legislature are today.
Brown averted a constitutional crisis in mid-May, when he acceded to the demand ... Full story
- Ron Hart: Commencement reality speech
- In yet another bad decision, an education administrator asked me to give a high school commencement speech. The principal must know I write a column; he obviously hasn't read it.
When I questioned his wisdom, the principal said, "Just give the kids ... Full story
- Thomas D. Elias: Toll roads sound warning for rail
- Gov. Jerry Brown, construction labor unions and some others are determined to proceed with California's nascent bullet train, with the first tracks scheduled to be laid later this year between Madera and the south end of Fresno in the San Joaquin Val... Full story