Your source for news and information in the Colusa County area.
The Colusa Sun-Herald publishes letters to the editor to help foster discussion and timely debate on topics of local interest. We ask writers to follow these guidelines:
• Keep it short, meaning 250 words or less. That's roughly equal to a single page of type, double-spaced. Shorter letters receive preference.
• Letters should be factually accurate and reflect the original thoughts of a single writer. Letters should be addressed to the editor, not to another person, and address a single topic of local interest.
• Please be patient. In general, letters are published in the order they are received. One letter per writer per month.
• We reserve the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation. Some letters may be returned for revision.
• Opinion articles of up to 600 words may be published on the op-ed page. For details, contact Managing Editor Michael S. Green at 530-934-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Letters dealing with private disputes or containing criticism of private individuals or businesses are not published.
• If a topic has been thoroughly debated, subsequent letters on that topic may not be published.
• For verification, please include your full name, signature, full address and daytime telephone number. Only the name and city of residence will be published, plus an e-mail address if requested. Letters from our readership area are given preference.
• We don't publish form letters, petitions, remembrances, poetry, religious tracts, quotations, business endorsements or anonymous letters.
• Letters express the views of their writers, not those of this newspaper or its employees.
• Visitors of www.colusa-sun-herald.com may post comments at any time on news stories, opinion columns, editorials, reader forums and blogs. Online comments aren’t subject to the same restrictions as letters, but they must follow our Web user agreement.
• Political letters are subject to additional guidelines, which are and published periodically on the Opinion page.
• All items submitted to the Colusa Sun-Herald for publication become the property of the newspaper and are subject to reuse, in whole or part, in print, electronic formats and archives.