Your source for news and information in the Colusa County area.
The Colusa Sun-Herald publishes letters to the editor about political candidates and issues, but the following guidelines apply:
• The deadline for political letters regarding issues or candidates is one week before Election Day.
• We strive to print all letters we receive, but publication is not guaranteed. All approved letters that are received before deadline will be posted here.
• Keep it short. Our guideline of 250 words will be strictly enforced for political letters. That's roughly the amount of double-spaced text that fits on a single page. Shorter letters get preference.
• No letters will be published during the campaign from political candidates and their immediate family, campaign managers or spokespersons, paid consultants, public relations firms or major contributors to specific candidates or ballot measures.
• At our discretion, we may solicit op-ed columns from opposing candidates or campaigns to offer our readers competing points of view; the names and political affiliation of the authors will be clearly disclosed in such cases.
• The Colusa Sun-Herald reserves the right to edit all letters for length, libel, clarity, accuracy, grammar and punctuation. No name-calling, unsubstantiated allegations or personal attacks, period. We don't publish form letters, petitions, quotations or anonymous letters.
• Letters should be factually accurate and reflect the original thoughts of a single writer. Readers are permitted one letter per race. Requests for specific print dates will not be honored. • Letters that are deemed unsuitable for publication on the Opinion page shall not be printed elsewhere in the newspaper, including as a paid advertisement.
• For verification, please include your full name, signature, full address and daytime telephone number. Only the name and city of residence will be published, plus an e-mail address if requested.
• Letters from our readership area are given preference.
• All items submitted to the Colusa Sun-Herald for publication become the property of the newspaper and are subject to reuse, in whole or part, in print, electronic formats and archives.
• Visitors of www.colusa-sun-herald.com may post comments at any time on news stories, opinion columns, editorials, reader forums and blogs. Online comments aren't subject to the same restrictions as letters, but they must follow our Web user agreement.
• Letters express the views of their writers, not those of this newspaper or its employees.
• For questions or comments about this policy, contact Managing Editor Michael S. Green at 934-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.